Piano 14 - Solitary Piano 14 - Solitary

Bravo

Really good piece, only thing I would change is maybe make the bass cleff a bit quieter, kinda sounds like it's just being slammed down.

Without Hope At Our Arms Without Hope At Our Arms

Sweet

First off, love the name of this piece. And of course I love the song. I like how it picks up around 1:40, guessing that'd be the chorus?

I'd love to hear it with some vocals but it's still really good just how it is, kudos.

demonunitband responds:

Sorry bout the *NO* vocals thing. I cant sing, i can only scream.. But this song wouldnt fit with with screams.. Dont think i didnt think about adding vocals if anyone felt like singing along to the track and sends me the file with lyrics i would be greatful! *wink wink*

Enlightened hero (string) Enlightened hero (string)

Still Awesome

Sounds great with piano, great with just strings, just an all around great piece.

ShadowChaos88 responds:

Cheers for that

Enlightened hero Enlightened hero

Awesome

I'm always a sucker for piano and strings, they just go great together.
I think you did a really good job on this piece.

Not 100% sure if the name fits though "Enlightened Hero" kinda makes me think of a Darth Vader / Luke thing where the hero learns some huge awful secret or something.

I still think it's awesome though, great work

ShadowChaos88 responds:

thanks, yeh when i did it it just reminded me of a hero goin on a journey to make sense of what he or she is meant to do or something like that haha

02 In a Balloon Over the World 02 In a Balloon Over the World

I like it

Looks like some of those zero bombers got a hold of this one, definitely didn't deserve the score it had
I think it's a really nice track, fits the title really well.
Really enjoyed the guitar around 2:30

Jonah-B responds:

Thanks man! Glad you enjoyed it. I've noticed a lot of my stuff gets rated low here. Not taking it too seriously though. I think a lot of the low ratings are just due to a lot of different tastes.

Square Sky Square Sky

Not bad

It does get a tad repetitive though, which of course you kind of want in a game track, but even so. Maybe try adding a bit more to it so even though it does repeat, it doesn't sound like it's the same thing over and over.

Hope that makes sense.

molkman responds:

I know what you mean. I should spend more time on music for games.

{Heim} Oceans Rising {Heim} Oceans Rising

I'm impressed

All I can say is wow, this is really good.

Artist in the Ambulance 8-Bit Artist in the Ambulance 8-Bit

Nice

Always admired people who could compose a catchy tune with 8-bit. Very nicely done.

AurumOnline responds:

I wish I composed this ;)
The original song is a track by Thrice, I simply produced an 8-bit cover :D
Probably one of my favourite songs :D

Next &amp;lt;Gen&amp;gt;eration Next <Gen>eration

Pretty good for your first time.

Isn't exactly my type of music, but I did still enjoy this piece. Really liked the melody around 30 seconds. Good work.

Genshed responds:

Thank you very much, feedback is always appreciated.

One afternoon in the park One afternoon in the park

Well...

Eexcluding the robot sound which is more about the program used then it is about the composer, this piece really does need some work.

First off when you're composing with a piano, you've got the luxury of being able to do a bass clef and treble clef on the same instruments, gives you a lot of options as far as creating chords and utilizing arpeggios and stuff on a single instrument, and you don't really do that here. My advice is try messing around with some bass notes, even if it's just playing chords or something, it'll really add a lot to the song.

Secondly, maybe try doing a bit more with the melody. Right now it seems like it's just eighth notes going over and over, nothings really changing, nothings really happening, and that's makes the listener get bored pretty fast. You can't really hum along to this piece, it's just too random. Now honestly I can't give you any advice on how to write melodies, that's just something that a composer has to come up with for themselves, but what I can say is listen to some classical pianists and try to get a feel for what they're doing with melodies. And try using other not lengths as well, give the piece some time to breathe.

Hope that helps a bit, best of luck to ya.

mindmaster123 responds:

Thanks for the advice will serve me well for the future.